Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Weekly Updates
Each week I will be posting updates from two of my fantasy football leagues that I am currently running, Ta Town Playas and Viva Las Vegas. Mainly the updates review all of the matchups from the previous week. I also hand out "awards" for some of the various oddities from the week. I take the time to write these updates because the guys in the leagues enjoy them and it is a way to keep teams interested and hopefully laughing a little. I also find fantasy football to be both extremely cruel and mostly comical when you really evaluate all of the matchups on a weekly basis. Each week there are stories of unjust matchups, such as scoring the 2nd most points during a week only to play the high score or the inverse of scoring the 2nd fewest points and securing a victory because luck matched you against the worst team that week. Everyone plays the woulda, coulda, shoulda game and most matchups have plenty of, "if I only started this guy," outcomes. We play because it is fun and makes us feel like we have control in a completely unpredictable environment. Either way the updates are my way of bringing the insanity to life each week and reminding my leagues why we play. In the words of the great Herm Edwards,"you play to win the game"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"If I tell you it's Easter, go start colorin' your eggs."
ReplyDeleteYet another gem from my man, Herm.