The Seahawks were somewhat of a tough decision based solely on the value of one player, Marshawn Lynch. Lynch was a beast last year and he found himself eating plenty of Skittles. He was also in a contract year, highly motivated for one more big pay day. Prior to landing in Seattle he was a relative fantasy bust, never living up to expectations on or off the field. Lynch though was the focal point of the offense last season and got his touches to make him an incredibly reliable fantasy start every week and finishing as 6th best RB in fantasy.
Prior
to his most recent DUI arrest, Lynch had an average draft position between 10 – 12th
overall. It has come out that he likely
will not be receiving a suspension due to this arrest and he has slowly been
climbing back up in ADP to 24th overall. Fantasy rankers are placing him in about the
same spot as his current average draft position, but I could see him making once last jump up once
it is confirmed there will be no suspension.
If another arrest happens during the course of the season though, you can believe
Goodell will drop the hammer and with Lynch you just cannot rule out this
possibility.
Aside from Lynch, the more
concerning aspect with drafting him is the offense around him. Matt Flynn has not been able to separate
himself enough from Jackson or rookie Russell Wilson. He will go into the season as the starter likely
due more to the fact that he is getting paid the most rather than play on the
field. The other problem is the wide
receivers. The Seattle front office
thought enough of Sidney Rice, Doug Baldwin, Golden Tate, et al to bring in
free agent, once upon a time guys like Antonio Byrant (already released),
Braylon Edwards and finally Terrell Owens.
In particular, Rice is no
guarantee for Week 1 and with all the additions I am not sure they trust he
will be right this season. The Owens
signing was the last straw for me and I really don’t care if he can run
a 4.4 40. Owens has proven to be a
caner on teams, particularly ones that are not winning and Seattle will be
lucky to get to .500 this season.
Rice is
still being drafted around the 11th round, but I would easily take
guys like Lance Moore, Nate Washington or Jon Baldwin over him. I am sure T.O. will find himself being
drafted in the 11th round or higher if the hype machine keeps
churning, so scratch him off my list as well.
So again I am left with Lynch. He
has proven it only once in his career, his QB situation seems unstable at best
and defenses likely will not have to worry about any of the receivers the
Seahawks line up across the field. Sproles
is coming off the board 5 picks after Lynch currently and I would easily draft
him over Lynch. Other RBs such as Doug
Martin and Bradshaw are coming off the board 8 to 10 spots later and I will
take their upside over Lynch’s downside as well. I love Skittles myself, but there may not be
as many bags being eaten on the sidelines this season in Seattle.
Luke Wetta
Fantasy Football Aggregator
@FFGator
No comments:
Post a Comment